Friday, January 29, 2010

One year later, staring it down.

Sometimes and maybe even just this one time – I’d like to open my skull and pour everything I know about addiction and recovery into someone else’s head. I’d like to show them what it’s like to stare at a clock and count the second hands ticking away hoping that the next tick will stop your heart just to put you out of your misery. I imagine that it is the closest you can ever get to Death, heart beat a flutter from resting, eyes drier than the Mojave and red as its clay.

Sometimes and maybe just this one time – I’d like to open my veins and let someone else’s pain into my own flesh and bone. I’ve lived through addiction; I’ve been through the DT’s and know that I’ve got the fortitude to not only chase the dragon but to catch it and to kill it.

You’ll probably never see this, but good luck kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment