I'd stopped counting the years since we were all in the same place. Due to fights over money and some side businesses we had divided up into loose knit factions. No one could agree on who owed what or even why anymore. We only knew that we would avoid each other.
Saturday night something changed. I found myself sitting around an oak table at a shitty bar laughing; all of us together again. We drained our glasses and relived our history. We talked about lovers, of conquests and losses, of new plans and old dreams we dared not let die, and it felt like we'd never spent all those years apart.
Some of us aren't here anymore, and I can't help but wonder if we had all stuck together if we could have seen it coming and somehow prevented it. I'm pretty sure they all think it, I'm positive they all feel the same way.
No comments:
Post a Comment